Senior Account Executive
Totango is looking for a Senior AE who is an energetic team player that will help us drive the business from current to HERO!
Totango (http://www.totango.com/), a revolutionary SaaS Customer Engagement Management for online businesses. The solution tracks customer interactions with a companies’ product, whether they are trial or paying customers. They have found that more active users are more likely to buy and less active users are most likely to cancel. That is reason enough to increase user engagement continually by monitoring customer actions and they do this in real-time! Their platform is primarily used by customers to improve prospect trial conversions or drive upgrades, track customer usage to enhance renewals and reduce churn and gather product insights to support development.
Totango was founded in 2010, is headquartered in Palo Alto and has development offices in Israel. They have raised VC funding from Gemini Israel Funds and Pitango. Their partners include Salesforce.com, Zendesk, Eloqua and Marketo. They recently won THINKstrategies’ Best of SaaS showplace (BOSS) Award, which recognizes SaaS companies producing tangible business benefits for user organizations. Their customers include Zendesk, Bigcommerce, StreetEasy, Clarizen and many others. In fact, they have closed over 100 customers in the last 12 months.
Due to this growth, they are currently hiring a sales development representative, based in Palo Alto, who will drive meetings for the sales team, follow up on warm leads and do targeted outbound calling to new prospects. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting and growing start-up where you can really make your mark and be noticed. The technology is cutting edge and leverages big data, analytics and user notifications to derive insights which can be turned into best practices.
Required Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively and independently distill and deliver the Totango value proposition, demonstrating Totango’s product platform.
- Develop a sustained pipeline of accounts by actively prospecting via cold-calls, marketing lead follow-up, personal relationships, Totango executive introductions, and marketing automation introductions to independently close contracts at a close frequency and value to meet or exceed productivity and quota expectations.
- Follow the established Totango sales process, and consistently and regularly use Salesforce.com to provide timely and accurate forecasting and reporting of activity to Sales Management.
- Develop, write, and deliver value-based sales proposals and respond to client RFPs
- Appropriately engage Totango management and staff in the sales cycle in addition to providing ongoing feedback to other areas of the organization.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of four (4) years successful sales track record in meeting or exceeding assigned individual quota of around $1M annually.
- Strongly prefer previous experience selling Software as a Service (SAAS) technologies in a related industry.
- Solution sales experience a big plus.
- Strong ability to learn new technology and ramp quickly.
- Experience selling software products and solutions to marketing and sales professionals strongly preferred.
- Strong cold calling skills
- MUST BE willing to use Salesforce.com to document all stages of the sales process.
- Process and task oriented; very organized and diligent in territory/deal management.
To be considered for this role, please answer the following questions in your cover letter (NOTE- you will not be considered if you did not read this far )
1. Why are you interested in Totango?
2. Please share your quota and attainment for the last 4 years.
3. What was the breakout of new vs renewal business during this period?
4. What are your salary expectations?
or apply by email: Jobs[at]TOTANGO[dot]com