Sales Development Representative
- Conduct in-bound and out-bound campaign calling activities to business prospects in assigned territory
- Work on the development of opportunities, accounts and territories
- Prospect for and develop leads
- Contact, qualify, and manage marketing leads from demand generation activities
- Rate leads per established criteria and pass off as appropriate
- Work with VP of Sales to develop opportunities in target companies
- Cold calling into companies to uncover projects and create awareness and need solution
- Analyze customer needs in terms of increasing customer success metrics
- Support of partner programs and events
- 2+ years in a telesales position in a solution-selling environment, software company a plus
- Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to build client relationships over the phone
- Have met or exceeded personal/team goals and quota
- Advanced level prospecting and qualification experience
- Must be organized, detail and process oriented
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to overcome rejection from leads
- Proficiency with standard corporate productivity tools (Microsoft Office Suite, email, phone skills)
- Strong email and web search skills
- Ability to use salesforce.com and other on-line tools effectively
- Desire to establish a career in sales
- Experience selling to IT departments and IT management is preferred
Who We Are
Totango is looking for a sales development rep who is an energetic team player that will help us drive the business from current to HERO!
Totango (http://www.totango.com/), a revolutionary SaaS Customer Engagement Management for online businesses. The solution tracks customer interactions with a companies’ product, whether they are trial or paying customers. We have found that more active users are more likely to buy and less active users are most likely to cancel. That is reason enough to increase user engagement continually by monitoring customer actions and they do this in real-time! Our platform is primarily used by customers to improve prospect trial conversions or drive upgrades, track customer usage to enhance renewals and reduce churn and gather product insights to support development.
Totango was founded in 2010, is headquartered in Palo Alto and has development offices in Israel. We have raised VC funding from Gemini Funds and Pitango. Our partners include Salesforce.com, Zendesk, Eloqua and Marketo. We recently won THINKstrategies’ Best of SaaS showplace (BOSS) Award, which recognizes SaaS companies producing tangible business benefits for user organizations. Our customers include Zendesk, Bigcommerce, StreetEasy, Clarizen and many others. In fact, we have closed over 100 customers in the last 12 months.
Due to this growth, we are currently hiring a sales development representative, based in Palo Alto, who will drive meetings for the sales team, follow up on warm leads and do targeted outbound calling to new prospects. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting and growing start-up where you can really make your mark and be noticed. The technology is cutting edge and leverages big data, analytics and user notifications to derive insights which can be turned into best practices.
To be considered for this role, please answer the following questions in your cover letter (NOTE- you will not be considered if you did not read this far 8-))
1. Why are you interested in Totango?
2. Are you ok with coming into the Palo Alto office everyday and collaborating with the team with all your knowledge you learned on your calls?
3. What are your salary expectations?
To apply email Jobs[at]TOTANGO[dot]com