Sales Development Representative (Palo Alto, CA)
Have you ever kicked yourself because you did not apply for that job at that start-up that became the next big thing? Well that opportunity is presenting itself again.
- Conduct in-bound and out-bound campaign calling activities to business prospects in assigned territory
- Work on the development of opportunities, accounts and territories
- Prospect for and develop leads
- Contact, qualify, and manage marketing leads from demand generation activities
- Rate leads per established criteria and pass off as appropriate
- Work with VP of Sales to develop opportunities in target companies
- Cold calling into companies to uncover projects and create awareness and need solution
- Analyze customer needs in terms of increasing customer success metrics
- Support of partner programs and events
- 2+ years in a telesales position in a solution-selling environment, software company a plus
- Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to build client relationships over the phone
- Have met or exceeded personal/team goals and quota
- Advanced level prospecting and qualification experience
- Must be organized, detail and process oriented
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to overcome rejection from leads
- Proficiency with standard corporate productivity tools (Microsoft Office Suite, email, phone skills)
- Strong email and web search skills
- Ability to use salesforce.com and other on-line tools effectively
- Desire to establish a career in sales
- Experience selling to IT departments and IT management is preferred
To be considered for this role, please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- Why are you interested in Totango?
- Are you ok with coming into the Palo Alto office everyday and collaborating with the team with all your knowledge you learned on your calls?
- What are your salary expectations?