Totango, LLC complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the from European Union member countries. Totango, LLC has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Totango, LLC’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
· It’s your data. At your request, we will provide you a full digital copy of your data and/or permanently remove all copies of it from our databases. You can request this at any time, from the first moment you signup for free trial, throughout your subscription and after. You decide what information to store in your Totango data-store, what parameters and for which accounts
· You control access to your account and data. You have full administrative control over your account, including authorizing users to login to Totango to view or modify data. Our technical support staff may access your data, only if necessary for the purpose of troubleshooting problems. Totango will never authorize 3rd parties to review your data.
· We will never use your data without your permission. We will not sell, resell or otherwise share your data with 3rd parties, either before, during or after your subscription with us. From time to time, Totango compiles industry wide benchmarks for the benefit of the online software community. These are always aggregated benchmarks, conducted from anonymized versions of customer data and cannot be linked back to individual accounts. You can decide to opt-out from these benchmarks at any time.
· Your data is secure with Totango. Totango follows generally accepted industry standards to keep your data safe & secure. Communications to and from Totango are encrypted using state of the art SSL technology. Additionally we provide application-layer security features to further anonymize your sensitive data.
2. Totango Service Description. We provide the Service in order to enable our Customers to collect information about their End Users’ activities on their web service and/or other software services offering (“Customer Service”) and to provide our Customers with a global view of those activities.
3. What Information We Collect and How We Collect It. As the provider of the Service, we receive and/or collect data, which may contain Personally Identifiable Information, in the following ways:
3.1. Customer Account Information. As part of the Service, we may collect or obtain information (including Personally Identifiable Information) that a Customer provides about itself, such as the Customer’s account name, and email address, company information and related information about its personnel (“Customer Data”).
3.2. End User Data. As part of the Service, a Customer may provide us with data, including Personally Identifiable Information, such as a user’s email address to store on the Customer’s behalf about an End User in connection with the End User’s use of the Customer Service (“End User Data”). Totango has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. We work with our Customers to help them provide notice to their End Users concerning the purpose for which personal information is collected.
3.4 We may collect 3rd party data, such as email, if you use our “Ask an Engineer” feature. Totango stores this information for the sole purpose of sending them an invitation to the Totango account. If you are a 3rd party and wish us to remove this information, please contact us at Privacy@totango.com
3.5. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Each Customer may configure the Service so that it utilizes “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that we may use to collect and send information about (i) a Customer’s Service activity; and (ii) an End User’s use of a Customer Service. For example, such information may include the IP address from which End Users access a Customer Service, the date and time of access, the pages visited, and other statistics. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personally Identifiable Information previously obtained from a Customer or an End User. Our cookies cannot be used to access any other data on a Customer’s or an End User’s hard drive or (except with respect to an IP address) to personally identify a Customer or an End User. In any event, each Customer and End User may block incoming cookies or delete existing cookies by adjusting the appropriate setting on its own browser.
3.6. Analytics / Log Files. As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically using Analytics technology and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
4. The Way We Use Information.
4.1. We will use the Customer Data of a Customer to provide and improve our Service to the Customer, to contact the Customer, and to identify and authenticate the Customer’s access to our services that the Customer is authorized to access.
4.2. We will store End User Data on behalf of the related Customer in order to provide the Service to that Customer.
4.6. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active. We reserve the right to retain any Personally Identifiable Information, End User data we process on behalf of our Customers and other Service-related data for such time as we are providing the Service to the Customer to which the information relates and for a reasonable time thereafter.We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements
4.7 If your Personally Identifiable Information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or amend by making the change in your account/profile settings page orby emailing our Customer Support. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. Totango has no direct relationship with the individual End Users’s personal data it may processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, delete inaccurate data or withdraw consent for further contact should direct his query to the Totango customer they deal with directly. If the Client requests Totango to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 days In any event, we will delete or amend any Customer’s or End User’s Personally Identifiable Information that we are storing if we receive a written request to do so. Any such request should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and include sufficient information for Totango to identify the Customer or End User and the information to delete or amend.
4.8. Email Opt-Out. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), (accessable from our blog page) we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at email@example.com
4..9. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may disclose Personally Identifiable Information or any information that we receive in connection with the Service if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; or (ii) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Totango, our Customers, End Users, or the public.
5. Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (defined below), or disclose it to third party service providers, to provide, improve and/or develop the Service. From time to time, we may disclose Anonymous Information as part of our participation in an industry wide benchmark for the benefit of the online software community. Each Customer may opt-out from such benchmarks at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information, about the use of the Service.
6. Children’s Privacy. The Service is not structured to attract children under the age of 18. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personally Identifiable Information from anyone we know to be under 18 years.
8. Security. The security of Personally Identifiable Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personally Identifiable Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We use SSL technology to encrypt data during transmission, and we also employ application-layer security features to further anonymize sensitive data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. Blog/Forum. Our Web site offers a publicly accessible blog and a community support forum which allow user generated comments. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personally Identifiable Information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personally Identifiable Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
10. Single Sign on. On certain pages of our site, such as the support forum or the careers page, you can access their functionality by using an an authentication service such as Twitter, Google or “Apply with Linkedin”. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address. Services like these may give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
12. Testimonials. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
325 Forest Avenue, Palo Alto CA 94301
Last updated: October 27, 2012