For most companies, driving product adoption is a top priority in retaining and expanding the customer base. With high product adoption, companies can easily turn existing customers to product advocates, providing social proof that leads to more new customers.
What is high product adoption? It is the process of going from learning to leveraging a new service, and is an indication that customers are receiving high value from the product. Incidentally, low product adoption means the value delivered to customers is low, which could potentially result in customers churning. So what can companies do to help drive high product adoption?
Three Important Considerations That Will Help Drive High Product Adoption:
- Change in Customer Behavior
- Change in Customer Success Team's Behavior
The ability to see product adoption status, including segments and areas of improvements, is essential. Once you are aware of what is happening with your customers, you can take proactive steps (if need be) to keep them engaged.
Insights into all your customers’ behaviors
Totango allows customer success managers to easily see a customer’s product adoption status and trigger alerts by using some of the following metrics:
- Number of accounts using the product in the last 30 days
- Number of accounts with very low license utilization
- Number of accounts that do not use the product main features
- Compare segments to see performance status
- Improvements in product adoption
Change in Customer Behavior
The ability to change customer behaviors is key to help drive or encourage them to use features that are relevant to their use cases.
Transform the way customers see or use your products
Totango’s Campaigns help companies build meaningful relationships with customers that use their products. This is done by sending automated messages and content to users based on their customer journey stage and behaviors in order to help them succeed in achieving their goals.
For example, a customer success manager can leverage a “Feature Introduction Campaign” to create a highly segmented, personalized message to specific on-boarding customers. The campaign could also include resources like video and training sessions.
Change in Customer Success Team’s Behavior
Empowering customer success managers to better focus on specific customers and engage them in the right discussions will not only increased their productivity but also lead to greater customer satisfaction.
Focus on the right customers, at the right time
With Totango, your customer success managers can be more effective and efficient due to: Automate, implement, and enforce processes and best practices to instantly know which engagement plans or programs to use.
For example, a recent usage drop for a customer will prompt the customer success manager to reach out and/or execute an adoption campaign, such as building a case study for the customer or invite him for training.
- Improve customer account management by ensuring accounts on hand are focused on the right conversations so “problems” can be resolved faster or even prevented.
- Full visibility of work status - including all actionable items and measurable goals. Customer success managers can even participate in team comparison for friendly competitions.